Choose the correct answers:
- My friend Miguel __________ (works, is working) for a consulting company.
- He __________ (also helps, is also helping) out in his cousin’s electronics store this month as the store is extremely busy during the holiday season.
- For now, he __________ (lives, is living) with his cousin’s family. Michael hopes to buy his own condo next year.
- His cousin’s family __________ (lives, is living) in Arlington Heights.
Sometimes the two verb tenses are very close in meaning, but the present progressive implies a temporary situation, while the simple present indicates a more permanent fact.
- In Sentences #1 and #4, the work and living situations are more permanent.
- In Sentences #2 and #3, the work and living situations are temporary.
My kids’ babysitter is on vacation this month, so my mom __________ (helps, is helping) me these days. She __________ (lives, is living) with my sister in another city, but now she __________ (lives, is living) with me to help me with my kids.
works; is also helping; is living; lives
is helping; lives; is living